Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Sorry, I haven't been able to post much in the past couple weeks. We've been busy, and Brent and I took a much needed mini vacation. I will post about that when I have a second this week, but in the meantime, a quick post on the 4th of July.

We had a great one. We spent the day, swimming, cooking and playing. Late in the afternoon, we went to our friends' annual 4th of July pig roast. The food was fabulous, and the company was even better. It is SOOOOO much easier now that the twins are older. We were talking about how difficult the past few years were, going to these types of parties with them. They used to cry and keep us busy. By the time we left the party (which was almost ALWAYS early) both Brent and I would be sweating, exhausted and wondering if we even sat down and ate! Now that they're 3 1/2, we feel comfortable setting them loose in the playroom without us. We actually got to sit down and enjoy dinner while having adult conversations. Completely different from last year!

The weather was horrible! Storming on and off, and a constant drizzle. However, we were able to watch fireworks. After a few minutes, we had to put our rain jackets on, but that's ok, at least we got to stay this year and watch them all the way through. (Another first.) The twins got to stay up way past their bedtime. Brent and I have been kind of feeling it today with all the crankiness in the house, but it was well worth it. There is not much better than spending time with family and friends. We are looking forward to the next party. I don't have many good pictures because of the weather, but here are a few.













I am so proud to call America my home, and very thankful to be able to raise my children here as well. God Bless America.

No comments: