Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and Preschool camp

I think Brent had a pretty good Father's Day. It was relaxing and filled with LOTS of food, just like he likes! Luke and Ashley picked out father's day cards and signed them earlier in the week. They were SO EXCITED to show him, I had to hide them until Sunday. On Father's Day morning, they just sat; holding their cards, waiting patiently for Brent to wake up. When he did, Father's Day began.


Brent's parents were in town for the weekend, so we all went to our favorite breakfast spot, Harry and the Natives. (If you live down this way, and have never been, I highly recommend it) We then spent the rest of the day relaxing, going to the park and swimming in the pool. Then of course, more food, Paella. One of Brent's favorite dinners.


Cramming as many toys on their "fly boat" as possible.

Grandpa chasing Luke


Granna and Ashley


I love little feet.




I enjoy taking pictures to freeze a moment in time, but sometimes a sequence of pictures tells more of a story. Look at Ashley climbing on Grandpa here, but notice Grandpa's face. What a great time they had together!







Loving watermelon!


She was a sticky mess!


Father's Day Paella, for all you foodies...

After putting the twins to bed, I began preparing for their first day of Preschool Camp. I have decided to put them in camp this week to get them acclimated with the school and prepare them as much as possible for when they actually start school in the fall. I can already tell you I am going to be a basket case as I was this morning when I dropped them off. Luke looked at me with tears in his eyes, and that was the end for me. I just don't want them to be scared, and I don't want them to think I'm leaving them for good. What if one of them has an accident? What if they get hurt? Or worse yet, what if another kid hurts their feelings? I know I can't always be with them, but why not?! I wish life had a pause button and I could just freeze where we are now. They are growing up way too fast. I pray that they love school and know that I will NEVER leave them. I will always be here for them. No matter what.



Here's the only picture I got of them on our way to school. By the time we got there, it was so chaotic, that I thought it would be best not to attempt another picture. I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes!




I am thankful to have spent 3 1/2 years at home with my babies, however I am so sad to let them go, even if it's only 2 days a week.

1 comment:

Granna said...

It is very hard to let them go even just a little! At least they have each other to help them feel more secure. I know that they will enjoy it as soon as they get used to it. I will be praying for all of you this week and in the fall when school begins. I love the pictures and glad you all had a great Father's Day. We had a great time with you all this weekend. Hope to see you all again soon.