Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You can't force it.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a twin? I have. When I was a little girl, I read the "Babysitter's Club" and "Sweet Valley High" books and I thought, "I wish I had a twin!" Why is that? Is it the constant companion? Is it having someone who loves you, knowing ALL your flaws? Is it having someone there, knowing, they will be there for you for life? I don't know, but I know that I used to wish I had a twin. Why are people so obsessed with twins??! I've posted in a past entry about how I get stopped whenever I'm out and asked the same questions over and over. I have to admit, I love it when a "twin" comes up to me and talks. They always tell me about the bond they have with the other, and how special they feel. And I always ask them, "how do I instill this in my babies?" They're answer is always the same, "you can't force it. you can't make them love one another.... They just will." SO... I'm trusting all those twins out there that have stopped me. My babies will love each other no matter what. They already do. Check out this video.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii118/mbfykes/?action=view&current=20080526175733.flv

I am thankful that I have twins. It's something I've always dreamed of.

4 comments:

Granna said...

I just love those sweet babies!! Since day one, they have enjoyed each other and loved one another...and that is SOOOO special. Can hardly wait to get back to see them. Tell them Granna and Grandpa are coming soon!
I think all the twins you have talked to are right....they just WILL love one another always.
See you all soon.

Susan Riley said...

Oh my goodness, they are HILARIOUS!! I love the "mmmmmm" noise they make! Too cute!! You guys take great videos. We always get it out too late to capture the truly funny things. =)

Anonymous said...

Gary's advice, being a twin himself, "although they were wombmates, never forget they are also individuals." (i.e. Just because something gets broken in the vincinity of both of them, and they both have a guilty look on their faces, doesn't mean they are both to blame.) Sounds like experience talking, doesn't it!?!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Your kids are SO cute!!! I always thought twins would be so much fun!

I just wanted to let you know that google reader is no longer recognizing my blogspot addy, and soon it probably won't work at all, so be sure to update your link to http://www.myspecialks.com . :)