Monday, March 24, 2008

Can I have a beer for the road?






Well, Easter has come and gone. It all really started last week when we went to see the Easter Bunny, or as we like to call him, the Easter Rodent. If you have seen the Bunny at our mall, close up, you would understand why. He looks more like a squirrel than a bunny. Pretty scary. Especially for Luke. He absolutely refused to sit on his lap. I've never seen him so scared! He clung on to Brent for dear life. There was no getting that boy NEAR the Easter Rodent. So we have a great picture of Ashley on his lap this year. I have a feeling that picture is going to be pulled out by Ashley when she's about 16 years old to show all their friends. Poor Luke.


Shannon, Luke and Brent watching tv....
We had so much fun at my sister's house on Easter Sunday. We had 5 kids under the age of 3. The best way to describe it is LOUD! Luke and Ashley have really warmed up to Bailey (my niece) It was fun to watch them interact. Bailey loves them so much, she kept trying to hug and kiss them. There were a few scary moments when she would try to pick them up as well. Sweet little Caitlyn (my other niece) who's almost a month old, just slept the whole time. How she slept with all that noise is beyond me. Between, Luke following my sister Beth around, Ashley screaming if I left her sight, Bailey saying "yes sir" to my sister haha!, and my sister's friend's daughter getting her hair stuck in the tent zipper, it was an eventful day. Brent and I ate so fast, that we couldn't remember if we ate or not! I knew our heads were spinning when Brent jokingly said to Shannon, my brother-in-law, "Thanks for lunch, gotta go. Can I have a beer for the road?". Then again, maybe he wasn't joking.....


I am thankful for having family that makes me laugh, even though they don't know it.

2 comments:

Granna said...

Loved the blog! Sorry about Luke's experience with the Easter rodent.....but I have seen pictures of that scary creature....no wonder he was frightened! Glad you had a good time at Beth's and the cousins got to spend time together. Love the precious children for me and keep the blog posts coming. Hope to see you all really soon.

Mota Pakwa said...

I LOVE the Easter Rodent. I agree with Luke. I would scream if you tried to put me on that thing's lap. Ashley is a BRAVE BRAVE little girl. :)

And that plastic bag/cheez-its video had me laughing out loud. They are the cutest little babies I've ever seen. They keep me laughing and laughing. Love ya!